Mr Kevin Arrowsmith’s case shows the value of never giving in when in a dispute with a financial firm or the FOS. This case seems to have taken 7 years with constant misunderstandings etc. throughout. Here’s a taster:
- Insurance company said he was not insured
- Confusion over whether policy was his or his father’s and whether it was cancelled
- Mr Arrowsmith accuses FOS of fraud…goes to police
- FOS said evidence of payments to insurance company did not prove he was insured
- FOS eventually finds for Mr Arrowsmith, but does not follow its own guidance (No surprise here…the same thing happened in my own case !) and he says he’s owed a 6 figure sum
- The case continues…
UPDATE The case has been rejected by the Bank, and the matter will be passed to an ombudsman.